Friday, April 22, 2011

Octopussy in the Bedroom

I've been dying for some bedroom wall art that was different and chic, but also had to fit my criteria. This is a big blank wall, and I wanted something big, made a statement, but I didn't know what I wanted it to "say."I wanted it to be bold, androgynous, and sexy in a subtle way, but in a less formal "framed way."

While watching Bill and Giuliana that they had this hung in their dining room: Lord Bodner's Octopus Study - Natural Curiosities.

It could easily be mine for about $4000.00.

But there was another thing I needed my piece of art to be: cheap. So, I knew I could somehow recreate this using my mad crafty skills for much cheaper.

Off to the internet I went to find images of octopuses I could turn into vector art, edit, print big style at Kinko's, and then hang...I got even luckier.

I know you may think that I was the second person, after Bill and Giuliana's designer, Thom Filicia, to have this idea but - I wasn't (shocker)! I found other lovers of this print. =)

The Lennoxx
Splendidminta

Mine will be a little different though, I'm going to create my panels using mdf and Mod Podge ans closer to what Saved By Love Creations did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!