Saturday, June 22, 2013

Indoor Urban Farm Coming to Big D - Good Karma, a t-shirt, free lettuce and more!

Good Karma, a t-shirt, free lettuce and more!

There is a guy in Dallas that wants to start an urban farm in Deep Ellum, and I want to help him.

I just backed his project with SEVENTY-FIVE of my hard earned bucks via Kickstarter, because I really want this to happen (and, I really want that tshirt and naming rights of a harvest!, not to mention a month's worth of lettuce - I know, right?)

You can read all about Jake's Terra Tech Farms and his plan to build an indoor hydroponic farm in Deep Ellum and provide fresh, sustainable, pesticide-free products to Dallas in The Advocate (I love this magazine!) or D Magazine's Side Dish. It sounds like the plan is to start on the farm before the end of summer. 

Wishing Jake and his team all the best! 

Now, LETTUCE get growin'!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I received an email this morning from Jake at Terra Tech Farms and they made it to their Kickstarter goal! So excited to see what is to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!